Improve your language skills with Spanish Podcasts
Podcasts are a great way to learn a new language. Whether you are learning Spanish or English, for travel, for work, or simply for the love of language, there is a podcast out there for you.
With podcasts, you don’t just learn words. You learn the correct pronunciation, experience different accents and hear the local jargon.
Whether you listen to podcasts over breakfast, the morning commute, or an evening walk – you can listen at your own pace and in your own time.
With so many options out there, the world of podcasts can be overwhelming so we’ve made a list of our favourites to help you get started.
Spanish Pod 101 is popular for good reasons. They provide:
- Short audio lessons for fast and easy learning. You are guided through real conversations to ensure that you truly understand every word you hear.
- Additional study tools to help you learn. Spanish Pod 101 offer flashcards, slowed down audio and line by line breakdowns
- Personalised guidance from a teacher. As an additional extra, learners can connect with a teacher for the first week, for feedback and personalised tips
Radio Ambulante is an award-winning podcast that tells Latin American stories in Spanish. Combine the podcast with Lupa, Radio Ambulante’s new mobile app, which uses their podcast stories and advanced tech features to help Spanish learners kickstart their understanding.
Looking to hear stories from native Spanish speakers themselves?
Notes in Spanish offers authentic, real Spanish conversations to help learners become confidently fluent. With 40 million downloads, its popular and effective
Notes in Spanish offers podcasts at three levels to help learners get the most out of their material.
- Beginner: A podcast series for those who know a few basics.
- Intermediate: A podcast series natural Spanish conversations on real-life topics to help learners understand more and become more confident to engage in conversation.
- Advanced: These are advanced conversations for learners who have a Spanish learning experience and want to be more confidently fluent.
At Spanish Obsessed, an English-Colombian couple gives great lessons from beginners to advances. We love their cultural focus and conversation style, bringing the most interesting topics of Colombian and South American culture into your learning.
- Beginners Spanish helps learners express themselves as native Spanish speakers by covering topics from “how to tell a joke” and “social networks” to “dealing with authorities” and “illnesses”.
- Intermediate Spanish focuses on comprehension by introducing learners to grammatical concepts and phrases. The podcasts are natural Spanish conversations about relevant and interesting topics.
- Advanced Spanish explores the cultures and lives of people from all over the Spanish speaking world. Learners will learn real slang and authentic interactions among native Spanish speakers.
These are a few of the many podcast series out there, and are perfect for learning in a relaxed environment or to add to your already busy schedule.
Are you ready to take the next step in your Spanish journey? Start an online course with our Partner Spanish Schools today or find an online tutor for the most effective learning.